Monday, January 17, 2011

About My Wife...

My wife is a lovely person with a lot of great qualities. I have been married to her for 20 years and she has been my best friend, lover and support of everything I do. I do not give her the credit she deserves for following me in our last adventure to Canada. She couldn't help but wince at what we were embarking on and I played "chicken" with her all the way here! ;-) Neither one of us were going to give up on what we felt God was calling us. We had moments of doubt, anxiety, loneliness, fear and many other feelings but these are enough to mention for now.

On top of all this, we discovered that she has been medicated for her thyroid condition almost 3 times the dosage! Our doctors in VA had a treatment plan to "out smart" the thyroid cells so the body would be "tricked" into thinking there was more than enough chemicals floating around in her body. With that happening, these thyroid cells would not regenerate or do what they were designed to do. With lower activity, there was less chance of cancer forming again in her body. This sounds like a good plan but what was the end result of this? Irritability, lack of concentration, depression, and loss of sleep so bad that she took an ambien (sleeping pill) most nights and still did not sleep many of those nights. This has been her situation for 3 years and I assumed it would be the way we lived from now on.

However, her new doctor wants her to be normal. I think I would like that too! ;-) We are now on a correct dosage and I am looking forward to seeing how she responds. She will notice a little difference in 2 weeks and full difference in 2 months. I will update you on her changes back to being "normal." :-)

I didn't have a deep thing to blog about but I love my wife. That is kind of deep...I am glad she is going to get some relief soon and pray that cancer cells keep away as she adjusts. This doctor would like to try this new treatment and we feel it may be a good thing and time for the adjustment. Believe it or not, she has already been cancer free for about 5 years. Wow! Praise God for that!

So...how lovely is she and what great qualities does she have? She is an amazing cook, very well read, knows sign language, media ability, administrative ability, great mom, and quick witted. There are many more but I should stop here and go tell her myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment