Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers?


Burlington Community Church
October 14, 2012
WHY—2
By Roy Dowdy

WHY DIDN’T GOD ANSWER MY PRAYER?

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:13-14


WHY DIDN’T GOD ANSWER MY PRAYER?

·  MAYBE YOU HAVE A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. Mark 11:24-25

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. 1 Peter 3:7

·  MAYBE YOU HAVE THE WRONG MOTIVES.

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your own pleasures.James 4:3

All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Prov 16:2

  
·  MAYBE YOU DON’T BELIEVE GOD WILL DO IT.

“But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." "If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes.”
Mark 9:22-23

But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord
James 1:6-7

·  MAYBE GOD HAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will. John 9:31

Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done. Luke 22:42-43


WHAT DO I BELIEVE ABOUT PRAYER?

Prayer is not as much about my wants—as God’s will.

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us… But even if he does not…we will not serve your gods… Dan 3:17-18

·  I BELIEVE GOD CAN.
·  I BELIEVE GOD WILL.
·  EVEN IF HE DOESN’T, I STILL BELIEVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment