Friday, September 7, 2012

A Jouney

I had the opportunity to talk to someone who feels "stuck" in life.  Lack of motivation and depression has caused the person to draw away from making decisions or being productive.  It is the kind of dilemma you will never know until you walk through it.  The frustrations of this "stuckness" leads to so many emotions and multiple ways to destroy relationships that we would need a graphs and charts to follow what is happening.  Unfortunately, the person going through this could care less.  Depression has become so big that nothing but self and circumstances matter.  When some try to reach out to this person or offer help suggestions, it is met with hostility in many cases or a passive response to imply that all is well and they will make it.

How does a person get to this place and what brings them out?  If there is such an intense lack of motivation, will anything help?  

It is difficult to understand completely because as I talk to this person, I see potential!  I see a young life that has so many good things ahead and even bigger dilemmas than the current one.  (I will probably not talk about harder things ahead!)  As I talk to this person, I am triggered because I can be and have been in this spot in my life.  I am caught sometimes in thinking this is the worst thing happening and I do not know a solution nor do I care.  

The help comes from the Lord and the realization that it is a journey not fate or the end.  As I am able to recognize potential in this person, I know I am not the only one!  I know that God sees it!  God has formed this person in His image, given gifts and abilities, knows the beginning and the end, guiding, directing, and with this person through every trial and every joy.  Hope, strength and joy is from the Lord!  

Is it comforting to know about this help? 




No comments:

Post a Comment