Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tale of Two...

I entered 2012 with new determination and hunger for what God could and would with me and in our church.  I approached the year with enthusiasm and an underlying cry for a church that is ready to move forward.  We have seen God do some incredible things and we have been basking in the glory of growth.  

The new series came with the cry of my heart.  I wanted to look at God with fresh faith and vigor.  I especially wanted us to consider what mind we were working through.  The Tale of Two..series began with exploring the 2 natures we have wrestling within us.  We can be carnal or spiritual.  We can look at things through natural eyes and ways of doing life or we can focus on Christ and look to Him for answers to our journey in life.  Why is this so important?  We have to follow so close to Christ that priorities in life make sense, we can share the love of Christ without reservation, and know what action to take in every area of life.  I want spiritual minds and passions at work because we want to see people come to Christ in salvation and baptism.  There is no greater cause!  I want everyone in our church to dream and plan for the future with spirituals minds and hearts.  

I mentioned growth and excited about it!  The carnal mind would want to take credit for this or complement our church for hard work but the spiritual mind KNOWS the God builds His church and the success is by Him and Him alone.  You can see how important this natural and spiritual struggle can be.  I continue to pray today because I still want everyone in my influence to think and act spiritually.  Wouldn't things fall into place if we were spiritually minded?  

What I thought was the way to start the year is now the prayer of my heart for the entire year.  Can we be spiritually minded so those thoughts control our emotions and dictate our actions?  Wish I could say I have been good at it but "sliding all over the ice" already this year.  :-)  But I know if I fail, I have a heavenly father who helps me up and gets me on the right track again!  My goal is to be spiritually minded...

Romans 8:5-9  5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. 9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment