Monday, June 6, 2011

One Year!

Wow how time flies! We have been in Burlington for a year as of yesterday. It has been and incredible journey filled with many ups and downs. We have seen God do some great things and want to see more! Actually...have to see more! I am not satisfied with where we are but satisfied with where we are headed. I have a vision for the future that keeps me moving and on my knees. I have hit "crisis moments" when all I wanted to do was quit but I haven't. I am still trying to determine if that is because of God or my own determination...maybe a bit of both! :-)

I am happy about the fact that we have a church running around 30 but had bigger expectations. I am managing through this in my heart and reevaluating my purpose and call. I think this is normal to do...especially at the year mark, right? I have been overwhelmed by the amount of work just to get to this place in Canada and frustrated with the strongholds Satan has in our community. I have waded through moments of discouragement and had nothing but tears. I have been asking God about what is going on and what more I need to do.

I have our church involved in an outreach event once a month and spontaneous ones like the open mic night just this past Friday. I am on a council board with Burlington to help honor outstanding citizens and achievements. I talk to people all the time about our church and the Lord. I volunteer (family too) in a bunch of stuff here. I advertise as much as possible and have put our family in more debt to advertise, so...What more? This verse keeps coming to me "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy!" Psalm 126:5 I am assuming since it is a Bible verse and all, that it is from the Lord. ;-)

What I want to know is...When are we done the sowing in tears part and move on to the reaping in joy part?!! My wife will remind me from time to time that we are in a sowing season and results may not be as big right now. Those that know Tracey and I KNOW that this is a huge twist in our characteristics. It is usually me calming her down and NOT the other way around...

As we find our way through year 2, keep us in prayer. Our church will celebrate it's first year on August 21! Come up to visit us...that is very encouraging for us too! And keep asking God to give us direction. We are here, in place and ready to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Well I am certainly glad you are here Dowdy family. God will grow his church slowly but surely. Do your part and as you know God will take care of the rest. Sadly that is the way Canadian churches grow slowly but surely! Congrats on one year!!

    ReplyDelete