Monday, November 29, 2010

Anyone out there?

I write blogs. Do people read them? It's funny how you get into a habit and encouraged to do so but wonder what good it is doing. As a church planter, it is instilled in us to use all the methods and communication vehicles of the times. Since blogging is one of those things, I do it. This is done purely out of habit because I am convinced, no one is reading this. My wife likes them but she kind of has to say that...you know, stroke the male ego...

So...you reading? Really? That would be exciting and I'd love to see your comment...

I preached about Gideon on Sunday and told our church of the importance of small things. (Like a comment on this blog is a small thing with huge impact for me.) Gideon took on the Midianites with 300 men! This was a small amount, small deal but it was huge! God wanted them to know that He was going to win the battle for them and Gideon needed to learn that as I am trying today. I get really frustrated sometimes because my efforts don't seem to go anywhere. I wonder if it is even worth it!

Then I remember...the little things mean a lot. I have a guy who is excited to play the guitar for our church. He told me on Sunday that he wished he had more time, money, anything else he could give. Another man in our church told me, "As long as you and Tracey are here, we'll keep coming." Yet another man in our church told me he loves coming because of how friendly everyone is and he and I have a Bible study together each week. One lady has been coming very faithfully and she is a huge example because she is the first to tithe in our church. All these things may seem little but for me, they are huge!

Any little things you can point to today that will make a difference for you? As I think through all the little things about BCC, I am recharged about my mission here. I am honored that anyone would even follow us on this mission. God is so good because He works! His might and power is revealed in the little things too...

Hey, maybe your comment could be about the little things you are doing that mean a lot for God! Now you even have a topic so... ;-)


3 comments:

  1. Hey Roy. Just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great work. How do I know this, you ask? Well, you are doing God's work and everything that God is in is GREAT!!! Don't lose heart. You were called there for a purpose. Helen Keller has a quote that I have in my Bible. She says, "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." Keep your chin up!! God will bless your faithfullness!!!
    Tracey Tangwall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roy,
    I've read all your blogs. I can understand if you are envisioning something different from what you are experiencing now. The way I see it is that you are already in the thick of things. Last blog you mentioned that you have 14 or so, people in your congregation. From my experiences it's been the small things that have had great impact on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the phone call the other day RGD. It meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete