Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking for good neighbors

The Dowdys are getting ready for ministry in Toronto. It can be a slow process sometimes. You can take a step or two forward and not get as far as we'd hoped. For instance, I thought I'd breeze through a few Christian Colleges and Seminaries online to see what is happening up there. My plan with this is to connect with a few ministries of like faith, set up a few chapel speaking engagements for sometime next year and get an idea of the spiritual temperature. I am waiting to here back from a few places including Liberty University to see if they have a few graduate pastors up there or former students who would be interested in a new church in Toronto next summer.

Our hope is to find "good neighbors" who are currently reaching families in Toronto so we can learn from them. There is so much we can learn from a few good neighbors. They can teach us what is working in ministry and whats not. Either by their words or example, if you know what I mean! ;-) If I can start talking with a few Canadian potential helpers for a church plant, I would feel pretty good about our future. My goal is to have 100 in our church "when the dust clears."

Keep us in your prayers as always. Tracey and I are setting the foundation and philosophies of ministry on our home church, Fair Oaks Church. Check us out at www.LoudOnPurpose.com, then, pray about joining us! You only have to go across an international boarder, find a job, a house and all that "life stuff." Easy,eh?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment